Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our move is on again!

Well, my husband's new job with Yahoo is finally finalized! He's supposed to report to work on Jan.7th, 2008! So we're back in the process of getting ready to move to California. Now we're just waiting on the movers to see when the big moving day will actually be! Along with preparing to move, we're also planning a couple of trips to visit family over the holidays. So... I may not be posting to my blogs as often as I'd like to during the month of December.
On a crochet note: I don't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but my step-mom gave me a project a few months ago, and I finally got back to tackling it today. Her mother passed away earlier this year, and going through her things she came across an old afghan that she remembered seeing as a child. She had always loved the colors and had very fond memories of it. So of course she will always treasure this family heirloom... Only problem is, it's falling apart! So she came to me for help! We went to Hobby Lobby and tried to match the colors as best we could, but the yarns originally used seem to have been wool. Anyways, here's a photo of it so you can see my work in progress...

So far I have patched as best I could about 1/2 of it. I'm hoping to have it finished soon, so I can take it back to her when I visit at Christmas. I know it's hard to see the damage in the above photo, so here are a couple of closer shots of areas I need to repair.

These are only a fraction of the bad spots. They're everywhere! I really hope I can at least restore this piece enough to at least hold it together and keep it from completely falling apart! I'm actually ripping out the bad parts and patching them in with the same crochet stitches that were originally used. Believe me, it's very time consuming and tedious! I spent several hours on it today. But it will be worth it in the end! =)
So, if you don't hear from me as often over the next few days/weeks you'll know why! But I will try to update and post whenever I get the chance! Until next time... I hope you're having a wonderful Holiday Season!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

beautiful blanket. good luck with the move--


just wanted to wish you a joyful holiday season. i just posted a freebie download on my blog if you're interested in checking it out!

Bay Area Knitter said...

Thanks for the Holiday wishes! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! As you noticed, we were in the process of relocating from Illinois to California! I'm going to check out your blog now!