Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Lemongrass Scarf

Well I finally finished my very first full blown knitting project! As I mentioned before, I attended a free knitting class at the library about a week and 1/2 ago... They supplied yarn and needles! Very awesome! Anyways, before I left for my class I told my daughter that I would try to choose a green yarn if they had any and that I would attempt to make her something... (Her favorite color is green) Well, the only green they had was this Lemongrass Wool-Ease brand. Not normally my first choice when going green, but it's all they had... So I grabbed a ball and a pair of size 11 needles and jumped right into making my first scarf!
After about 3 days it was finished! And here it is!



My beautiful daughter Caitlin is modeling her new comfy cozy scarf! I do still need to add some fringe to the ends, but I wanted to go ahead and show it off! I have to admit that the color actually grew on me and that before I had even finished this scarf I bought 2 more skeins of this color! The Wool Ease® Thick n' Quick® has got to be the easiest yarn to work with when learning to knit! I love it! I actually bought 3 different colors of this brand!
I have also knit another scarf since I finished that one... Here was the beginning stage of it:


I will have to take some pictures of the finished project tomorrow during the day in natural lighting... This was taken with a flash and the colors look washed out... But this was knit on size 19 FAT needles! I LOVE working with fat needles now! I'll try to get those pics posted tomorrow... I love the outcome of this one!

No comments: