Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My favorite new LYS

Well I finally made it over to Purlescence Yarns on Sunday and I'm so glad I did! It was a much needed fiber fix! I went over a month without shopping for yarn! Oh My! This is the first yarn shop I have visited since our move, and it's right down the road! The owners are the nicest "purl girls" I've met since moving here to Sunnyvale, CA! I was very impressed with their shop. They offer a wide variety of yarns, books and accessories. They were actually in the midst of an anti-Super Bowl party when I popped in. It was their "antidote to Super Bowl blues" and I thought it was great! I had a cup of New Guinea coffee (with a finger sandwich and a couple of tasty cookies) while I browsed their stash. I think I spent at least 2 hours in there!
I ended up buying a skein of Plymouth Yarn's Encore wool blend in the yummiest pastel pink I could find. I've already started knitting with it and a chocolate brown yarn that I already had. I'm making yet another scarf, but this one will be in my favorite brown and pink striped color combination.

They had some really nice finished products on display. One that caught my eye in particular was a Ribby sweater that is knit to fit ANY figure perfectly! I am so tempted to buy that pattern the next time I visit the store. It's a pattern designed by Bonne Marie Burns of Chic Knits.

I meant to take my digital camera with me to the shop, but I didn't get a chance to download the photos from it to make room for new ones before I left. So... next time I'll have to remember to do that first!

No comments: