Wednesday, October 1, 2008

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

Click on the photos in this post
to see Larger Images


Sandi Luck ~ co-owner of Purlescence Yarns

Well, Friday Sept. 19 was International Talk Like A Pirate Day... I had no idea! Why had I never heard of this event before? ;)
Anyways, my LYS (local yarn shop) celebrated in style.
Every year they celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day there at the shop. So, Purlescence Yarns stayed open until 11:00pm since it fell on their Late Night Knits this time. They watched pirate movies all day long and into the night, and encouraged their friends and customers to wear costumes. I received an e-mail from them that read "Grab your eye patch and join us! Costumes encouraged!" Needless to say, I wasn't in costume! I didn't really have anything pirate-ish to wear on such short notice! lol

Sarah working on a project from the new Mason-Dixon Knitting book

All in all it was a nice time though. And I even made a new friend, Sarah, who gave me lots of knitting tips and recommended a couple of good knitting books to me, including the Mason-Dixon Knitting books. They have some pretty cool patterns in there that I would love to try out, once I get a little more experienced!

Saxony Reeves Spinning Wheel

I also couldn't resist snapping a photo of this Saxony Reeves Spinning Wheel that was on display near the front window, which had a price tag of $1,600.00 on it. (as well as a sign that read "Do Not Touch") I wonder why?
Well, I was going to add some more photos, but for some reason I'm experiencing some technical problems with the upload. So I'll save the rest for my next post!

No comments: