Friday, July 13, 2012

the Stitch Red movement

This blog has been pretty dormant lately, mostly because I've been doing more knitting than crochet, and I'm sure you're here to read about my crochet adventures, right? But I would still love to share with you about my newest project involvement! I do all of my day to day blogging on my BayAreaKnitter blog. So if you are interested in learning more about who I am and what I'm up to, visit me over there.
Today I would like to share with you the Stitch Red cause.



Doug and Laura Zander founded Stitch Red as a national heart disease awareness campaign. It is supported by the Needlearts industry. This campaign is a driving effort to draw attention to heart disease, the #1 killer of women in the United States, help people understand their risk factors for the disease and encourage the adoption of healthier lifestyles to protect their heart health. Did you know that heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined (including breast cancer!)?
I'm proud to announce that I have decided to get involved in this movement by creating a knitted hat pattern specifically designed for this campaign. I'm in the final stages of having the contract signed and releasing my design as an official Stitch Red product. I will be donating a percentage of the gross profits from each sale to this wonderful cause.
Please stay tuned as I will be posting photos of the hat and links to where you can purchase your own copy of the pattern. If you knit, I'd love to have you join me! Let's "stick it to heart disease" together!

No comments: